Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 08-02-2016, 19:28   #2203
Billy
Corporal

One big difference between stock game and RA is hitting enemy sub using torpedo becomes much more difficult. I find active seeker range is much smaller compared with stock game. CMs are also more effective in fooling the sensor. In a scenario where there are themo layers, killing high-end subs like Akula, Kilo, 688i, SSN21 and Virginia takes a lot of skills. I just want to discuss some tactics here to see if any expert can critique on them:

1. Use circular pattern instead of snake and set enable range to be close to the estimated target distance. For example if your TMA determines an Akula at about 7nmi or 14357yards, I would set my enable range to be 14000, 55kts speed, circular pattern, depth below the layer.

2. After launch, keep monitoring the target broad band as well as that of the torpedo's. Try to match the torp's bearing to the target's using wire guidance (babysit it).

3. By the time the weapon activates, if the target already pulled away in big distance or there are CMs, the torp will veer off course. Turn off the seeker then adjust torp's heading back toward the target.

4. If the torp is less than 1nmi away from the target or you feel very close, turn the seeker back on and observe torp's heading changes. If the heading stabilizes then you know the torp most likely achieved a solid lock on the target. If torp goes into a circular search mode, then you know the target is not acquired or there are some CMs around. Turn the seeker back off and re-evaluate your TMA solutions and reengage.

A couple of comments:
1. The reason why I use circular instead of snake is that MK48's snake turns are very narrow. Almost like straight run. Also, snake run requires activation some distance before the target loaction. Since TMA estimation is not very accurate, the exact distance to target is very hard to determine. Enabling too far out risks torp not acquiring target or fooled by CM, too close will risk torp run past the target. Circular with close enabling range (close to target) can help eliminate some issues. If the distance estimation is accurate and the target didn't move much, enabling right on top of the target will quickly achieve a lock on the target. Because the distance between torp and target is very close, the effect of CM is diminished. If the range is inaccurate and the torp runs past the target, circular would allow it to turn back and search backwards.

2. The TMA estimation is very important here. Either initially to find correct enabling distance or subsequent tracking of the target evasive manuvers. My manual TMA is ok at the opening of the fight. But once the target starting to speed up and change course, my TMA becomes very inaccurate. Just wonder if there are any TMA experts can help me with some good TMA tips. So far, once my torp is launch, I turn on auto TMA to keep track of the target's movement while I focus on manuver my own boat and babysit my own torp.

3. If the torp get fooled by CMs, you will see big heading changes. Then it's time to turn off the seeker and wire guide it back onto the correct heading. Here I completely rely on auto TMA to see how far out my torp is from the target. After a few auto TMA iterations, if you feel your torp is fairly close to the target (i.e. the search cone lines almost touch the target), reenable the seeker. If the torp is rising or diving and the heading is pretty much stabilized then the chances are the seeker got a solid lock on the target.

I have used this tactic to some successes so far. Other tactics I tried are not that successful. For air platform, it also works. Since air dropped torps have no wire guide, the torp should be dropped literally right on top of the target in order to achieve a good lock.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием