Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 20-07-2010, 07:46   #1103
Rocky
Aircraftsman

Dear CrazvyIvan,

I would like to bring these issues to your attention:

1. SS-N-27 ASW in RTE [0]05 is passive, in [1]05 is active, [2]05 above layer etc. but it's modes are not documented in the RA weapons manual v2. The modes are different from the UUM-125b sealance, even though in the sealance section of the manual it says all of Sealance's modes apply for all Subrocs, however SS-N-27 ASW's modes are different.

2. Active sonar can be exploited specifically. It is my understanding that active sonar visual ping-returns have been reduced in visibility in Ra Mod for more realism, however speeding up the sub and then slowing down, pressing the TRANSMIT (single) button while at 16-18 knots (while still slowing down, otherwise it won't work) makes all visual ping-returns from that single ping, light up very brightly on the display, like in stock 104. Using that exploit, even subs as far as 15 miles away are lit up very bright on the display. I have this confirmed by another person.
Is this really a hidden feature or simply a bug?

Thank you very much for your time and for creating this fantastic mod.

A question on the side:

Why doesn't the Spearfish torpedo do 80 knots in the game but only 70? Many sources including wikipedia say it can do 80 knots maximum, not just 70.

kind regards,

Paul
Rocky вне форума   Ответить с цитированием