Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 22-05-2010, 23:49   #856
goldorak
Sergeant

Talking

Цитата:
Сообщение от dyshman Посмотреть сообщение
well, interesting. i'm not blame you personally, but why should we(i mean our players community) have to much unused units? how many missions were created for playable victors or harushio&collins? lets create many interesting missions and campaigns for new units. it will be best way to increase playability. simple duels is not interesting, i think.
There is nothing wrong in desiring new units. Reality on the other hand is a totally different issue. I know full well that compromises have to be made, and that not every navy in the world is going to be represented in the game.
It is also natural that most playable units are russian and americans. The first because well the mod is made by russians, and the american units well because their navy is quite important world wide. The other navies are minor navies, yes even the british and french ones.
Personally I don't have a problem if a new french sub is not included. As I said the mod is great because we have tens and tens of units to choose from.
Most of them have different capabilites and it is NOT A FAILURE of the modders if certain players always want to use the same 1-2 units. Adaptability is king, we in Betasom have long learned to design varied missions. Missions that employ many different units, missions that take place in the open sea (and therefore will have certain types of units), and missions that take place near coastal waters (and so SSK types of units are more preponderant). Players have to overcome shall I say their dependance on the latest and shiniest units to also try classical SSK's. Gameplay is different and nonetheless challenging.
You can design missions where SSKs go against one another, or where they operate together with surface or air units etc... As I said the problem is not with the mod, the problem is with certain players and how to design missions that cater to certain class of units. Its a learning experience thats all.

All this said, and I enjoy using all the subs in the mod, the more playables we have the nicier it is.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием