Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 26-06-2010, 14:13   #1009
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от suBB Посмотреть сообщение
hang on, am I reading this correctly.... you are saying that REGARDLESS the SSP type, in 1.1 you are getting these detection ranges under these conditions?? If so something is definitely wrong.

back in 1.0, I asked specifically if SSP was affected by RA, the answer was no. I actually created(to better understand changes in RA) a data matrix on 1.0 based on worst case conditions (seawolf detection capability vs noisy alfa), where I did see changes in detection ranges based on SSP type vs speed vs layer vs sonar(towed, hull, sphere) while multiplayer. Results were conclusive in 1.0 in multiplayer; nothing like you are telling me now in 1.1.

when I run out of more important things to do, guess I'll fire up RA and have a look-see

Hi suBB,

Detection ranges vary with ssp. In single player and multiplayer.
On the ther hand there is something wrong with how sensitive the sonar is in multiplayer. For instance, WITHOUT COVERGENCE ZONES, a seawolf as advanced as it is SHOULDN'T be able to detect a trafalgar or a kilo going at 5 knots for pete's sake at 25-30 nm.
Under any circumstance this should not be possibile, and unfortunately for the moment it is.

Even players on kilo and lada were able to detect contacts that were not cavitating at enormous distances. There is literally something fishy going on.

If you want to test this strange behaviour, you have to do it in multiplayer not in singleplayer were everything works as it should.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием