Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 17-04-2017, 18:22   #2426
Kendricks
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
What exactly doesn't work in the campaign for Ohio? this campaign has been verified.
tell me what doesn't work and I'll fix it.
I'm confused. I keep a "vanilla" version of the latest RA release (I have 1.41 + path #1 and #2) and in my Ohio campaign, everything is complete chaos.

As for the first mission in general, nothing that happens, makes any sense and is completely confusing, as if someone took a mission and garbled it through a mixer, then releasing the result.

You start, and the first order is to reach a point ~2nm east - where an ELF arrives and hilarity ensues when things like "Reinforce Alert!" are said on a US Ohio sub, or suddenly I receive "all conditions normal on the dive". Huh?
I started submerged already, so what is this?

Further, it is said to stay at 5knots. Ok but why? No reason is named.
On top, Ohios are quiet enough at much higher speeds, so this whole 'suggestion' is rather odd, just as the first one to reach a point just a tad to the east, only to receive a message that could have been received right away.
It's like "let's keep the player artifically busy... who cares how/why".

The received radio message gives you a missile ground, referencing to it as "Point Alpha" - which doesn't exist on the map - so why reference to it?
It's confusing.
On top, "Point Alpha" is, AFAIK, either always the initial dive point of a US submarine after departing port, OR, the first WP altogether, I am not certain myself - but I am positive that no "Point Alpha" can come up in the middle of a deterrence patrol thousands of miles from home.

Anyways, off to "Point Alpha" at 72-43N 035-33E, evading that one single other asset in the whole mission, a Victor II. There's not a single whale, no civilian traffic, not even shrimp. The whole mission is blank, besides that Victor II and me.
To add to the already established confusion, long before I actually arrive at "Point Alpha", my navigator tells me we arrived at said point, completing the mission. Huh?!
Sure, it was said the area is 10nm - but either something is a point, a precise navigation mark, or an area (of whatever purpose).
Yes, yes - nitpicking, but honestly, it's the details that make something dull as DW rich.

On to mission 2.
First time I started it, it crashed to desktop right after loading.
(Also reported by another player on Subsim.com, btw)

Second try, I received ambiguous orders/instructions about a SATCOM: "The Navy Sattelite SATCOM Can Be Pass Through Your Area During 5 Minutes."
Sorry, what?
Will it pass over me IN 5 minutes, so I gotta establish comms readiness in that time to catch a message? I'm at 180ft under the ice, expected to use the EW mast to catch the message, which seems impossible to do.

Then, suddenly my XO reports: "Initiating Targeting Procedures For SLBM Missiles.."
Wait, what? I didn't receive anything, nor did I do anything, what is going on?

I check the map and lots of targets on the Kola (not Cola btw) Peninsula showed up... uhm, ok!?
Am I supposed to attack them all, just one, ju... oh nevermind, "====Mission complete====" - after doing... nothing.
[insert jackie chan meme here]

So, with all due respect, please tell me, does this reflect the quality standards the RA team have? Or anyone should have?
Besides the nonsensical/confusing game play that, apparently, doesn't work either - why do you guys not spell check anything?
The whole mod is ridden with spelling errors, which not only cause issues for immersion, but also create a lot of confusion.

Initially, I wanted to list the typos/spelling errors, but honestly, there's not a single sentence that reflects correct English, which baffles me.
No problem if one doesn't speak a certain language - but if I release a piece of work in a foreign language, I get someone to fix the errors if I can't do so myself - before release.

Misc notes:
- US SSBNs receive orders from the US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- US SSBNs conduct "deterrance patrols", not "battle patrols".
- US SSBNs operate "autonomous", no one knows their exact position under normal circumstances - not even USSTRATCOM.
- US SSBNs do not have to reach a certain area inside their patrol area, the whole patrol area serves as a missile ground to guarantee fast reaction times.
Kendricks вне форума   Ответить с цитированием