Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 12-03-2017, 23:57   #2410
jadervason
Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Alpha is not able to dive below 500 meters. 900 meters - it's fiction. The only one sub which can dive to 900 meters and below - Mike Class.
This debate goes on forever, sort of like the MiG-25 Foxbat top speed. I think the Alfa could almost certainly go very deep, 900m+ especially early in their careers but like an airplane rated for 8g, pulling 10g, the lifetime is shortened drastically. Ultimately you cannot launch torpedoes below 400m anyway. I did notice SS-N-16 Stallion (Victor III) missile says variously in the reference it can be launched 350m or 150m but in the game does not seem to let you launch below ~60m.

In my personal opinion (I can be right or wrong) the power of most torpedoes is not high enough. Especially full size heavyweight torpedoes. Some ships take many torpedo hits to sink. Often I may hit a ship with 3 torpedoes and it still runs at 30 knots. Perhaps this was intentional. Does DW model under-keel torpedo kill vs side impact?

In my personal opinion (I can be right or wrong) sonar washout speeds are a little too low, based on the book I sent and things I hear from others about submarines drifting and listening while they slow down from 25+ knots. Or in the specific case of using active sonar to maintain contact with the enemy sub at flank speed. Maybe for gameplay balance this is necessary. I do notice with the bow torpedo tube doors open I have a lot of noise even when not moving.

With the Alfa loadout file you provided there is a small error. Loadout screen works fine but cannot use all tubes.

Overall I have to say you have done a very good job on Reinforce Alert. There are too many good things about it to list them all. I can only imagine how many hours you must have worked to get everything right. Clearly a lot of research and testing and scripting and so on. Big teams of video game developers don't do as good of a job as one man sometimes
jadervason вне форума   Ответить с цитированием