Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 12-03-2017, 04:46   #2407
jadervason
Aircraftsman

If I have a torpedo malfunction again I will try to save everything for you. The first time it happened it may have been attacking a towed decoy from a FFG. The second time it happened it was attacking a diesel submarine and my guess is the active sonar return is very small and it did not "decide" to detonate.

I appreciate very much the documents you have provided. I have always liked the Alfa (Lira) very much. Although I do not speak Russian even the pictures are very interesting in the files.

From an engineering point of view I feel sad that the Lead-cooled reactor was not successful. I feel an alternate heating method (heater coils instead of steam) might have been better. But for the United States it is a good thing Alfa did not work better.

Perhaps you will continue to tweak the settings for this submarine. I know it has a 5 blade propeller so it is probably bad for cavitation in reality. I usually reset crush depth to 900m when I play because in my experience cavitation for the Reinforce Alert Alfa is

17 knots -> ~140m
27 knots -> ~350m
37 knots -> ~690m
43 knots -> ~890m

I appreciate you providing a loadout file just because I asked. Thanks again Ivan. In return for documents about one of my favorite military vehicles, here is what I hope will be a treat for you.

The Silent Deep: The Royal Navy Submarine Service Since 1945
By James Jinks, Peter Hennessy

Description of Royal Navy Submarine encounter with Soviet Submarines Yankee and Alfa
jadervason вне форума   Ответить с цитированием