Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 21-02-2010, 11:12   #493
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от Гена Посмотреть сообщение
Of course it's acceptable but torpedonoise isn't taken into account.
And you know this how ? CrazyIvan wrote that TIW for subrocs launches would be given from far away, farther than torpedo launches.
That hints to the fact that NOISE, launch noise is being taken into account.

Цитата:
Yes man, exactly, acoustics immediately will inform you as soon as they will detect torp. But if you're tracking torpedo by yourself and "have situational awareness" there is no need for "TIW" absolutely.
Fair enough. Me, I still think that TIW message is necessary.
My opinion is that the TIW message complements your tracking skills on sonar. It is a danger alert message, and informs you of imminent danger nothing more nothing less. It doesn't tell you anything you haven't been able to see on sonar.

You on the other hand want a TIW to be signaled the moment the track appears on sonar. Independantly from wether the weapon represents a clear and present danger, imminent danger to the sub. I understand this point of view, and it was the original point of view of the modders.

But I still think the new choice is better even if that means that TIW for torpedoes are dealt differently from TIW messages for subroc launches.

Цитата:
It is all about the meanings of words. I'm just don't know english as well. In any case the more torpedo detecting distance the more chances you will live.
Well words are important. What I meant was that there are 2 main phases to defense, one in which you can take measures to avoid the weapon without compromising your stealth, your tactical advantage and so on, and a second phase where the weapon is locked on you so you need to take radical action.

In any case whatever the modders do, I think they do in the interest of having a good game. No one wants an impossibile game to play.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием