Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 20-02-2010, 13:37   #490
Гена
Senior Aircraftsman

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
Sure, thats why I said challenging.
There is a whole scale between arcade and pure simulation.
Getting the TIW irrespective of distance falled squarley into the arcade part of the spectrum.
Well in your case it is arcade too, because TIW irrespective of torpedo noise which is detected at tens of miles.
Цитата:
Now the difficult part is establishing WHEN you get a TIW.
Fantastic! New mission in DW: trying to establish time of ""TIW" And what is deep meaning of "TIW" message now? It is better to remove this message completely in this case.
Цитата:
The first rule of sub warfare is : situational awareness. And that means knowing were your prey is at all times. This implies that even if you loose attention for 2 minutes (the time to update your manual tma) you won't find yourself with a torpedo on top of you.
I don't know what is "rules of sub warfare" but i know that life of the sub and all the crew depends on each member of the crew. Including the acoustics. That's for shure. So they must not loose their attention even for 2 minutes as you said even if you're not at sonar battlestation.
Цитата:
And even then, you still will get the TIW when the torpedo is at 4nm from your sub. A safe enough distance to start evasion. Evading when the torpedo is at 10 nm doesn't make sense, you just go along a 5 knots to get out of its path. But when the torpedo is near, thats when you NEED to go evasive.
And THAT is the moment the TIW message acquires all its relevance.
The more torpedo detecting distance the more chances you avoid. It sounds unreal that 4 nm disatance safe enough. Not for guys inside the pressure hull.
And again what is the point in this message if you are tracking torpedo by yourself? And if you're not tracking that this message is still cheat even at 3 miles distance.
Гена вне форума   Ответить с цитированием