Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 19-02-2010, 22:26   #488
goldorak
Sergeant

Red face

Цитата:
Сообщение от whiskey111 Посмотреть сообщение
-to goldorak-

On the one hand is not required to make the game as difficult as it is possible. Do not forget that it must be playable Realistic not always means difficult.
Sure, thats why I said challenging.
There is a whole scale between arcade and pure simulation.
Getting the TIW irrespective of distance falled squarley into the arcade part of the spectrum. Now the difficult part is establishing WHEN you get a TIW.

Цитата:
If torpedo is visible on the sonar screen and not reported it's not reallistic. For example, I can be on TMA (making solution) and I can miss the torpedo launch event. Modern sub will be killed because is blind...
Now now lets not make it more drammatic than it seems.
You only have to be at the tma station once every 2 minutes, when the new bearing line arrives (that is if you even use manual tma in the first place).
And even then you can still understand what the contact is doing by watching the historic trace on the sonar waterfall; by watching the trace you can see wether your lagging or leading the contact. This is true on all blue side subs as well as certain red side subs that don't use the archaic SSAZ. And then when you get back to sonar, you can still look for unkown new contacts and the narrowband will give information on wether the contact is a torpedo. At 55 knots a torpedo will do 2.5 nm in 3 minutes.
If you track a sub only when he's at 2.5 nm from you thats bad.

Цитата:
Torpedos are too fast to let them a chance being unspoted. And this is not possible to be all the time on sonar station because working on TMA is the key to win (as you wrote).

Torpedoes are fast, but they don't cover distances instantaneously.
Having an enemy sub within 10 nm and not having tracked him is bad. And this is irrespective of a possibile enemy torpedo launch. As I said from 10 nm a torpedo a 55 knots will still need 12 minutes to get you. 12 minutes is more than enough to start thinking an evasive action tactic.

The first rule of sub warfare is : situational awareness. And that means knowing were your prey is at all times. This implies that even if you loose attention for 2 minutes (the time to update your manual tma) you won't find yourself with a torpedo on top of you.
And even then, you still will get the TIW when the torpedo is at 4nm from your sub. A safe enough distance to start evasion. Evading when the torpedo is at 10 nm doesn't make sense, you just go along a 5 knots to get out of its path. But when the torpedo is near, thats when you NEED to go evasive.
And THAT is the moment the TIW message acquires all its relevance.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием