Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 25-09-2009, 04:23   #273
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от CrazyIvan Посмотреть сообщение
Alfa - Max depth about 500 meters.
It is an easy Sub, actually hull not thick.
Цитата:
Сообщение от Гена Посмотреть сообщение
Several russian issues show that Alfa has crush depth 400-600 m and operational depth 300-450 m.
Titanium hull itself doesn't guarantee 800 m depth. Sierra has titanium hull but her crush depth is 600 m. Mike sub (built in 1984) with over 1000 m depth had not only titanium hull but moreover number of unique technical decisions such as main ballast tanks inside pressure hull, minimum number of holes/vents, abcense of torpedo loading hatch,etc. Lots of research were done many full/half scale compartments models were built for high pressure testing. And all these meres were done after first Alfa has been designed (built in 1971).
Yes I think I was mistaken.
I don't have access to russian pubblications (and even if I could I wouldn't understand them since I don't speak and read russian) but I have an english book called "Cold War Submarines" by Norman Polmar.
At page 281 he writes :

Цитата:

Design of Soviet Navy's third-generation nuclear torpedo-attack submarines (SSN) began at 1971 at TsKB Lazurit. Titanium was specified for the design, continuing the developments of a key technology of Projects 661/Papa and 705/Alfa. Beyond reducing submarine weight, titanium would provide a greater test depth in third generation SSns - 1970 feet (600m) - which would be coupled with other SSN advances, including improved quieting, weapons, and sensors.....
So you and CrazyIvan are both correct.
The mystery remains though, why are western publications such as jane's continuing to use the 800m test depth estimate for the Alfa ?
Its obviously wrong and many people continue to believe the Alfa has a 800m operating depth.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием