Red Rodgers

Red Rodgers (https://www.redrodgers.com/forums/index.php)
-   S.C.S. Dangerous Waters (https://www.redrodgers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   -ReinForce Alert - worldwide discussion (https://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912)

fleet command CC 24-01-2010 01:56

Hey whiskey111

What I mean is, that you could hack the game so you could get basic control of all the ships in your fleet instead of the computer AI controlling them.

i.e.

Give the other ships in your fleet (commands) like attack that ship, change your speed, change your direction and so on. :)

I always thought this was a bit odd that SCS didn't add this feature to the game. Having basic control of the others ships in your fleet would be nice to have, but if you haven't play Fleet Command you probably won't know what I'm on a about.

whiskey111 25-01-2010 02:08

I would ask about torpedo's behave in the following RA 1.1
In my version of RA, torpedos can detect other submarine in all aspects of depth differences. For example when I set torpedos depth for 30m it can lock on sub which could be on even 500m.
Is the torpedos vertical angle of view will be limited?

Rasputino 28-01-2010 20:05

I think I have seen a bug.
The ASROC missile shatters with the sea. They don't deploy the parachute.
And they reach the sea and they are destroyed. :84:

kpv1974 28-01-2010 22:55

Цитата:

Сообщение от Rasputino (Сообщение 108044)
I think I have seen a bug.
The ASROC missile shatters with the sea. They don't deploy the parachute.
And they reach the sea and they are destroyed. :84:

Bug in RA 1.1 terminated!

Rosencrantz 29-01-2010 01:42

Hi!

One question: Is it possible to build up fixed sonobuoy field in RA by using the "sonobuoy field" option in mission editor? Or does buoys deployed as a field sink within few hours after mission start, just like their counterparts deployed from some platform?

I'm just thinking, if the buoys in the field could "stay forever", then it would be possible to build up fixed listening lines.

Greetings,
-RC-

CrazyIvan 29-01-2010 11:22

Цитата:

Сообщение от Rosencrantz (Сообщение 108051)
Hi!

One question: Is it possible to build up fixed sonobuoy field in RA by using the "sonobuoy field" option in mission editor? Or does buoys deployed as a field sink within few hours after mission start, just like their counterparts deployed from some platform?

I'm just thinking, if the buoys in the field could "stay forever", then it would be possible to build up fixed listening lines.

Greetings,
-RC-

It is possible for making.

But - than differs buoy DIFAR which is put in the beginning of mission from Buoy DIFAR which is thrown from the plane?
Why same buoy should have other lifespan?

Probably it is fair to make for lines of listening LOFAR buoys - they are established through " sonobuoy field " option in mission editor.

In RA 1.1 lifespan LOFAR set to 6 hours.
However,we can even more increase this time.

whiskey111 29-01-2010 14:54

What about my question? (Four posts above)
Can I count on any answer? :)

goldorak 29-01-2010 16:57

On frequencies and biologics....

Hi Guys,

I was browsing through the sonar profiles of all the contacts in RA/DWX and was surprised to find that 2 biologics (shrimp and whale) have the classical 5 frequencies assigned to them.

Biologic Civilian Shrimp 50 100 300 900 1200
Biologic Civilian Whale 60 120 360 1080 1400

If this is the case then shouldn't we be able to view at least the lowest frequency or 2 lowest frequencies on the towed array in narrowband search ?

Can someone please explain to me why this is so ? Is it a limit of the engine that once you classify a contact as biologic in the database then irrespective of frequency assignment values you're not going to see them under any circumstance on the towed array narrowband (I'm not talking about the signal which is seen, but the frequency lines which are not displayed at all).

goldorak 29-01-2010 19:01

Feature Request : Removal of TSAMs from modern US subs (as in real life)

Hey Guys,

Its pretty well known that the US Navy has basically retired from all surface and subsurface vessels the TASMs.
Now I know that for gameplay purposes most modern US subs in DWX carry the TASMs.

My request is this : why don't we keep the TASMs for the 688 Flight II, and eliminate them from the weapons loadout of the 688 Flight III, the Seawolf and the Virginia ? It would be more realistic and in any case these subs carry the Harpoon which should be sufficient in most cases against surface threats.
And should a massive attack with TASMs be necessary the mission designers could always include the 688 Flt II.
It can be an acceptable compromise don't you think ?

CrazyIvan 30-01-2010 18:12

Frequency strings which is invisible - the NavalSimEngine does not pass for platforms Class SUB - Type BIO.(Type Bio - NSE cut any FQ - also and for Towed CM)

Rather ТАSМ I can speak the following - are left for prevention of the possible bugs in interfaces.

Probably we shall try to delete it.

CrazyIvan 30-01-2010 18:13

Цитата:

Сообщение от whiskey111 (Сообщение 108055)
What about my question? (Four posts above)
Can I count on any answer? :)

I shall check it.
Only specify - what mode of search, active or passive?

goldorak 30-01-2010 21:06

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 108084)
Frequency strings which is invisible - the NavalSimEngine does not pass for platforms Class SUB - Type BIO.(Type Bio - NSE cut any FQ - also and for Towed CM)

:( , another "bug" of the navalsimengine.

Цитата:

Rather ТАSМ I can speak the following - are left for prevention of the possible bugs in interfaces.

Probably we shall try to delete it.
I hope everything goes well and no "bugs" due to the removal of these missiles comes out.

whiskey111 31-01-2010 23:02

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 108085)
I shall check it.
Only specify - what mode of search, active or passive?

Active. Passive hadn't been checked by me.

Rosencrantz 03-02-2010 01:38

Цитата:

Crazy Ivan:

It is possible for making.

But - than differs buoy DIFAR which is put in the beginning of mission from Buoy DIFAR which is thrown from the plane?
Why same buoy should have other lifespan?

Probably it is fair to make for lines of listening LOFAR buoys - they are established through " sonobuoy field " option in mission editor.

In RA 1.1 lifespan LOFAR set to 6 hours.
However,we can even more increase this time.

Thanks for the reply, Crazy Ivan!

Just one more question/suggestion: Could it be possible to create a whole new buoy type with much greater lifespan to be used in listening lines? Something as sensitive as VLAD, but maybe with 168 hours (one week) lifespan? I know that most of the missions in DW lasts only maybe few hours, but what I'm thinking of is simulating a week long naval exercises in Barents area or somewhere else... ;)

-RC-

CrazyIvan 03-02-2010 16:21

Цитата:

Сообщение от Rosencrantz (Сообщение 108203)

Just one more question/suggestion: Could it be possible to create a whole new buoy type with much greater lifespan to be used in listening lines? Something as sensitive as VLAD, but maybe with 168 hours (one week) lifespan? I know that most of the missions in DW lasts only maybe few hours, but what I'm thinking of is simulating a week long naval exercises in Barents area or somewhere else... ;)

-RC-

New Buoy - impossible to create.

CrazyIvan 03-02-2010 16:26

Вложений: 1
Цитата:

Сообщение от whiskey111 (Сообщение 108093)
Active. Passive hadn't been checked by me.

Vertical Ranges, Sample: 1000 x tanh(30) = 577.35 m (Half Cone Range - Down from central axis sensor)

Use the known formulas for calculate of triangles. Thus receive a vertical distance capture of a sensor control.

whiskey111 03-02-2010 23:34

Big question:
can anybody estimate when the final version will be:
1. one month
2. six months
3. a year
?
(this question is of course only to people who creating the mod)

Thank you for the answer :)

CrazyIvan 04-02-2010 12:52

Цитата:

Сообщение от whiskey111 (Сообщение 108266)
Big question:
can anybody estimate when the final version will be:
1. one month
2. six months
3. a year
?
(this question is of course only to people who creating the mod)

Thank you for the answer :)

We hope that this month.

CrazyIvan 04-02-2010 12:56

Цитата:

Сообщение от Rosencrantz (Сообщение 108203)

-RC-

We have established for LOFAR 24 hours lifespan.

It is enough of it.

I would not know any mission which more than 24 hours last.

goldorak 04-02-2010 18:51

@ CrazyIvan : will DWX 1.1 be a simple update that can be installed over DWX 1.0 or do we have to cancel DW and then reinstall everything again with DWX 1.1 ?

CrazyIvan 04-02-2010 18:58

Цитата:

Сообщение от goldorak (Сообщение 108332)
@ CrazyIvan : will DWX 1.1 be a simple update that can be installed over DWX 1.0 or do we have to cancel DW and then reinstall everything again with DWX 1.1 ?

No Update.

Fully reinstall everything again with DWX 1.1

CrazyIvan 04-02-2010 21:49

Important Note

Well, Mans.

The following part consists in the following - elimination of the bug with the message TIW.

Our team intends to result it in a normal condition.

The message TIW can be received only then, when the torpedo can be really found out by sensor controls of the player - and in any no way earlier.

In original, the message TIW is adhered to the maximal distance of a sensor control. If the torpedo in this range - that message TIW will be sent to the player. That really on mistake - the player can not see a signal from a torpedo.

We eliminate this dependence.

No more cheat TIW of the message.

goldorak 04-02-2010 23:35

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 108350)
Well, Mans.

The following part consists in the following - elimination of the bug with the message TIW.

The message TIW can be received only then, when the torpedo can be really found out by sensor controls of the player - and in any no way earlier.

In original, the message TIW is adhered to the maximal distance of a sensor control. If the torpedo in this range - that message TIW will be sent to the player. That really on mistake - the player can not see a signal from a torpedo.

Amazing news. :D
Will this also work for the launch of Subrocs and submarine launched missiles (harpoon, etc...) ?

CrazyIvan 04-02-2010 23:44

Цитата:

Сообщение от goldorak (Сообщение 108358)
Amazing news. :D
Will this also work for the launch of Subrocs and submarine launched missiles (harpoon, etc...) ?

Yes certainly.

Noise level will influence.

If the signal is capable to appear on sonar display - then TIW will come.

whiskey111 05-02-2010 03:17

Цитата:

That really on mistake - the player can not see a signal from a torpedo.

Does it mean that we will no longer hear/receive torpedo pings from very long range ?
If it's true - this is awesome change !

suBB 05-02-2010 06:09

Цитата:

Well, Mans.

Much thanks, Sirs (salute to RA team) :D

I can't believe what I'm reading; amazing work!!

Can only imagine how to experience DW with such changes in place..

patiently looking forward to DWX...

thanks again for all of the quality work RA team is doing!!

fitzcarraldo 05-02-2010 15:34

Цитата:

Well, Mans.

Well done!!!

Is there some possibility to add a regressive counting (voice or text) for the aproximation of torps ?: "thirty second for impact - twenty seconds for impact - ten seconds for impact...." That is the practice on the real subs when a torp is in the water and aproximating...

Many thanks!!!

Fitzcarraldo :157:

fitzcarraldo 06-02-2010 04:57

Is there the possibility of include the "Seaview" nuclear submarine of the classical TV series "Voyage to the bottom of the sea"...This sub was a SSBN for "scientific purposes", but armed with cruise missiles with nuclear heads and torps....:rolleyes

Regards

Fitzcarraldo :157:

goldorak 07-02-2010 15:10

Hi Guys,

As you all know DW is not exactly the most stable of programs, moreso in multiplayer with a lot of players, playable units etc... There are lots of CTD, most of them reproducibile. For instance a lot of players CTD using the high frequency sonar of subs and/or surface units when marking a contact. I think maybe these are bugs in the navalsimegine.
Is it possibile to correct these bugs ? I know SCS won't do it because it has already abandoned the game. But how about the modders ?
Would a list of crash info (memory address, faulting module name, stack parameters etc...) be sufficient to correct/patch the executable ?
If the task is impossibile forget I ever asked in the first place. :42:

CrazyIvan 09-02-2010 20:30

It is necessary to have such mission - where use HF sonars gives the bug.
If you have such mission - that send.

CrazyIvan 11-02-2010 02:51

Цитата:

Сообщение от goldorak (Сообщение 108417)
Hi Guys,

As you all know DW is not exactly the most stable of programs, moreso in multiplayer with a lot of players, playable units etc... There are lots of CTD, most of them reproducibile. For instance a lot of players CTD using the high frequency sonar of subs and/or surface units when marking a contact. I think maybe these are bugs in the navalsimegine.
Is it possibile to correct these bugs ? I know SCS won't do it because it has already abandoned the game. But how about the modders ?
Would a list of crash info (memory address, faulting module name, stack parameters etc...) be sufficient to correct/patch the executable ?
If the task is impossibile forget I ever asked in the first place. :42:

give mission.

goldorak 13-02-2010 16:48

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 108640)
give mission.

CrazyIvan you misunderstood me.
I was making a general consideration on wether it were possibile to correct DW crashes independantly from any mod.

Of course, if we encounter a crash using DWX I'll try to send you the mission.

CrazyIvan 15-02-2010 13:29

Цитата:

Сообщение от goldorak (Сообщение 108836)
CrazyIvan you misunderstood me.
I was making a general consideration on wether it were possibile to correct DW crashes independantly from any mod.

Of course, if we encounter a crash using DWX I'll try to send you the mission.

We did not observe cases CTD at HF to marks in multiplay game.
Therefore, the mission is necessary to see it. (RA or original 1.04 - not important)

However, I think what is it is connected more with hardware.

We had some cases - 2 or 3 players had CTD with mission -PolarWolves-.
Other players - had no never CTD on same mission.

Is present self-made WAV a file - "LFA_sonar.wav".
After in game this file will be reproduced, use by the player MF active sonar - does CTD.

However - some players have it, others - never have it.
Therefore it is possible, that the problem is made in hardware which there is a player.

акулыч 15-02-2010 22:25

Прошу прощения, возможно плохо читал - но можно прямую ссылку на скачивание DW RA 1.1?

CrazyIvan 18-02-2010 17:17

Now are available warning of the separate message - for a torpedo and for a missile of undersea launched (Subrocs).

TIW (torpedo in the water) the message for a torpedo - distance is reduced. Now player can earlier find out a torpedo, than the message TIW comes.

TIW for a torpedo will act is last boundary of the warning inform.

The new message - "Conn,Sonar: Undersea Missile Launch, bearing xxx " - can comes on significant distances.

goldorak 18-02-2010 18:11

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 109075)
TIW (torpedo in the water) the message for a torpedo - distance is reduced. Now player can earlier find out a torpedo, than the message TIW comes.

Hi CrazyIvan,

We will be able to track torpedoes on the sonar before getting a TIW message ?
Why did you change this, last time you said we get a TIW message when torpedo is visible on the sonar screen.

CrazyIvan 18-02-2010 22:09

Цитата:

Сообщение от goldorak (Сообщение 109076)
Hi CrazyIvan,

We will be able to track torpedoes on the sonar before getting a TIW message ?
Why did you change this, last time you said we get a TIW message when torpedo is visible on the sonar screen.

The initial variant - was corrected.
The torpedo will be necessarily seen before TIW by the message.
TIW - critical message.
If the player simply has passed (missed) a torpedo - he will receive TIW - but on a very short distance about 3-3.5 nmi.
Torpedo track player capable received certainly earlier.

Also rather DSRV device - now it should normally come back to a Sub of the Player. :132: :132: :bud:

goldorak 18-02-2010 22:29

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan (Сообщение 109082)
The initial variant - was corrected.
The torpedo will be necessarily seen before TIW by the message.
TIW - critical message.
If the player simply has passed (missed) a torpedo - he will receive TIW - but on a very short distance about 3-3.5 nmi.
Torpedo track player capable received certainly earlier.

Yeah i like the TIW as a "critical message".
The player should always have situational awareness about what is in the water.

Цитата:

Also rather DSRV device - now it should normally come back to a Sub of the Player. :132: :132: :bud:
Really ? :52: You managed to fix the DSRV bug ?
You rock man. :D

whiskey111 18-02-2010 23:01

Цитата:

Сообщение от CrazyIvan
Also rather DSRV device - now it should normally come back to a Sub of the Player

"should" ? So this is not confirmed info?

CrazyIvan 19-02-2010 00:09

Цитата:

Сообщение от whiskey111 (Сообщение 109086)
"should" ? So this is not confirmed info?

Will come back.

Часовой пояс GMT +4, время: 09:01.

Red Rodgers official site. Powered by TraFFa. ©2000 - 2024, Red Rodgers
vBulletin Version 3.8.12 by vBS. Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Перевод: zCarot